A Quick Roadtrip Through Scotland
Ten days of independent travel with a much too large rental car in the only place that is possibly greener than Oregon! The itinerary included Glasgow, Loch Lohman, Glencoe, Isle of Skye, Inverness and Edinburgh. Our Top Tips for visiting Scotland:
- Plan on at least 2, ideally 3 weeks
- If you go in summer book your stays WELL in advance
- Join the Natl Trust for Scotland and Historic Scotland. You will come out ahead on admission costs
- Unlock your phone before leaving the States. Buy a local SIM card upon arrival.
- Invest in your own int'l wifi hotspot. We own a Tepi
- Use Maps.me app. It works without cell coverage. Bring a real road Map (Cookes Stationery has great maps)
- We used the Top 10 Scotland guide and it allowed us to choose our focus. There's a lot to see!
- Rent a small vehicle- don't let them upgrade you!
- Start your touring days early & avoid weekends at popular castles and trailheads